cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Service down for several hours - not updated on nest site?

kknutson
Community Member

I'm currently showing my nest guard and nest cams all offline as of about 4am (pacific time) - now about 5 hours down time. My nest thermostat is currently online.

Down detector shows a spike in reported issues but nest/google's services show green across the board.

I have internet connectivity (no outages) in my house. Anyone else experiencing this? Looking for a way to elevate outage numbers.

36 REPLIES 36

marz
Community Member

mine too. 

BWR
Community Member

Here as well. Everyone in my neighborhood has the same problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Down east of Seattle for Nest Thermostat

rrabago
Community Member

Same here. Seattle area,

archon144
Community Member

Same here - Bay Area.  Both of my Nest Cam down since midnight.  Nest app also having issue if connected via wifi.

mconcrete
Community Member

Same here, Northern California.

kknutson
Community Member

As of now (11:30am pacific time) the nest support still shows all services as green, but the reports in down detector continue to rise. So clearly an issue. Any chance this is going to be officially recognized as an outage? Looks like west coast affected for nearly 12 hours now.

Rnb98380
Community Member

Seven cameras all offline. Also since 1:45a (pst)

12am western Oregon. All 8 of my nest products are down and unresponsive....They seemed surprised when I called at 6am this morning. Google router working fine 130mps

Rnb98380
Community Member

I have an open problem ticket started @3a. In theory escalated to next level. The second level I was in contact only knew scripted debugging.  

mconcrete
Community Member

I tried to go through the chat support as that is the only option I could find. Don't waste your time they will have you check all your home networking. Restart it all. Check your internet speed etc. Even after telling them about this page. Save yourself the time just wasted an hour and got fed up. Nest has been great till today. Support is horrible. 

WC2
Community Member

Here in the Bay Area, all my Nest IQ outdoor cameras are down, no lights visible on the cameras.

marz
Community Member

mine just came back on !!!

Rnb98380
Community Member

Mine were up for a few mins.  Back down again here in Seattle. 

marz
Community Member

nevermind, they did come back on and went offline again.

kknutson
Community Member

Just had a long chat with support and got escalated to a senior technician. More or less got told they're aware of "an issue" but it could be 24 hours before there's a response. They have my email in case they have more updates. It's something I guess.

My case number as reference. That is my status from my earlier comment. 

Initial case ID is 8-4409000032792 
level 2 case ID: 0-6366000032599

Afour_98
Community Member

Same here - Northern CA outside of Sacramento. Still down as of 3:03pm

bricatbrarian
Community Member

Same/similar issue in Dallas, Oregon.

A rep had me remove a couple of my devices to troubleshoot issues with no luck. I am not looking forward to having to re-add those devices once everything is up and running again.

Bellasonic
Community Member

3 cameras down and 2 protects for me in SF area. Thermostat and 3 protects still work strangely. Same issue with not being able to connect via the app over wifi. 

Jaimie620
Community Member

All of my devices are offline as well, since 130am PST, no connectivity issues 

marz
Community Member

Does anyone know if nest/google support looks at these posts? is there a way to bring their attention to these, so that they dont make their support techs force people to do all the troubleshooting steps when they know the issue is on their end.

Afour_98
Community Member

Someone on the DownDetector thread mentioned they had Wave Cable (Astound) and were impacted. I have Wave(Astound) and am impacted so they may be on to something.

marz
Community Member

so do i

Bellasonic
Community Member

After getting handed off to multiple people today I chatted with a senior tech who seemed aware of the problem and that it affected wave customers, which I am as well. I was told they are working on it and he would reply by email tomorrow. We will see…

bricatbrarian
Community Member

I do not have Astound/Wave internet (that I know of). I use a local company by the name of Willamette Valley Fiber (Minet). I told this to the rep that helped me. 

WindssKat
Community Member

My ISP is WAVE, All my Nest cameras are offline since 1am PDT. Internet is working fine on other equipment such as laptop and phone

Seems to be the common issue for all of us. 

WillieB
Community Member

I have Wave Cable (Astound) and my cameras, thermostats and protects are all off line for 15 hours in the Sacramento area.  On a possible related topic, I'm getting a DNS server isn't responding when I run the network Troubleshooter.

kknutson
Community Member

Interesting, I too have wave (astound)

Afour_98
Community Member

I'm back online (doorbell and thermostats) as of 7pm PT, anyone else?

BWR
Community Member

Good to go in Kitsap!

bricatbrarian
Community Member

Yes, good to go. Just trying to add back all the products they had me remove.

rrabago
Community Member

Good to go here in Seattle.

WindssKat
Community Member

all my camera are back on line now. 

kknutson
Community Member

Yup, also back up here. I called astound to see if they had a take on this and got a message that said "we're experiencing an outage in your area. No representatives are available to take your call when an outage is reported". Classic. But glad it seems resolved for now. But now I really want to know what an ISP can do to bring down the entire nest ecosystem