cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

casting issues between Chromecast and Sonic ISP

captain-janeway
Community Member

I have an old Sony Bravia xbr-55x850B and have been using an old gen 1 chromecast with Comcast.

I switched to Sonic internet, and it will connect to my devices but will not cast to the TV. I'm thinking I may have to update the chromecast,  I can't do a direct cast over from my Pixel 4a phone or using any streamer on any other device. I can open up and view all the streamers on the devices like phone and tablet, but not  cast to the TV. It won't even show the cast symbol in the top corner of the streamers.

I did go through Home to attach the new network and it is listed there. It will not find any devices though.  
I'm using Home app v 3.12.1.6t? Sonic works fine as internet on all my devices, it just doesn't cast to the TV. 

If I just switch back to the Comcast modem it works just fine with all the streamers and direct cast from the phone. It's like maybe the Sonic ISP is not being recognized through the Home app (I do see it in the Home app though), or it won't recognize the Chromecast

Sonic is much cheaper than Comcast so obviously I'd like to use it. I'm working with Sonic as well to see if any of them have come up with this issues and I'm hearing no right now. 

Anyone have any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0