cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4 google chrome cameras suddenly now showing up in the nest app

Hemhollow02
Community Member

Need advice.  I have 4 older nest cameras and 4 newer google home cameras for the past few months.  I have both apps (nest and google home) on my phone.  I also bought nest aware.  Everything was fine.  All 8 cameras were on both apps and I was able to look at nest aware on my nest app and google home app.  Suddenly, my google home cameras cannot be found on my nest app and from those 4 cameras, I no longer have nest aware working on either app.  Very frustrating.  Tried to reach a human being, finally did but could not understand much of what she said.  Here is the case number  1-5374000036310.   This has to be fixed, thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Hemhollow02 

2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells can only be viewed in the Google Home app and on the home.google.com website; they CANNOT be accessed from the Google Nest app or the home.nest.com website.

A Nest Aware subscription applies to all 1st gen and 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells in the same Google Nest "home/structure", but history for the 1st gen cameras and doorbells is best accessed in the Google Nest app and on the home.nest.com website, while history for the 2nd gen cameras and doorbells can ONLY be accessed in the Google Home app.  Livestreaming (only) can be viewed for all 1st and 2nd gen cameras and doorbells on the home.google.com website.

Are you logging onto both the Google Nest app and the Google Home app with the same Google Account you have always been using?

(We have 1st and 2nd gen cameras, and a Nest Aware Plus subscription.  We are NOT using the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app.)

Here are instructions for viewing history in the Google Home app:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10904254

And here are instructions for the Google Nest app:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9208447

@MplsCustomer,  hello,  I hope you don't mind me asking but why aren't you using the Public Preview version?  I have been using it for months and it is really pretty good.  

@EmptyNester 

For several reasons.  First, I requested access when it first became available, but withdrew my request after a couple of months of waiting; I finally got tired of the uncertainty of not knowing when the "Public Preview" version would kick in.  Second, we have 3 Google Nest Hello Doorbells that still are not eligible to be transferred, so we still have to use the Google Nest app anyhow.  And third, we want to continue accessing our cameras on the home.nest.com website;  the home.google.com website still has live-streaming only, and it's very glitchy.

Got it,, that makes sense.  I have (1) gen 2 camera so I keep the Google Home app there just look at that camera. And  I have the Preview version because that is the only way to be able to save a clip properly.   I think if you request the preview version now it will activate right away.   I transferred one of my Gen 1 cams into the Google Home app and it works pretty darn well.  But like you until we can view recorded & 24/7 footage in home.google.com I can't even think about switching over all the cams.