cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Adding new indoor gen2 cameras to my nest app and Nest Aware account.

pacificdune
Community Member

Hello, I recently added 2 new indoor wired Gen2 cameras to my home, but after adding them I cannot figure out how to add them in my Nest app and also how to view recorded videos from my Nest Aware Plus subscription.  I can see all of my cameras together in the Google Home app, but there does not seem to be a way to view the recordings in that app.  Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@pacificdune 

If you have a "Nest Aware Plus" subscription and you are signing onto the Google Nest app and the Google Home app with the same Google Account and your cameras are in the same Google Nest "home/structure" as your "Nest Aware Plus" subscription, then they are automatically included in your "Nest Aware Plus" subscription.

Here are Google Nest's instructions for viewing video history in the Google Home app:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10904254

Unfortunately, Google Nest's 2nd gen cameras and doorbells work ONLY in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app, as we discovered 2-1/2 years ago when we bought a battery camera.  We've been using 2 apps ever since.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@pacificdune 

If you have a "Nest Aware Plus" subscription and you are signing onto the Google Nest app and the Google Home app with the same Google Account and your cameras are in the same Google Nest "home/structure" as your "Nest Aware Plus" subscription, then they are automatically included in your "Nest Aware Plus" subscription.

Here are Google Nest's instructions for viewing video history in the Google Home app:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10904254

Unfortunately, Google Nest's 2nd gen cameras and doorbells work ONLY in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app, as we discovered 2-1/2 years ago when we bought a battery camera.  We've been using 2 apps ever since.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Because of the need to juggle 2 different apps for the new and old cameras, I have been purchasing used GEN 1 cameras from eBay so I can just stay in the nest app.  A some point Google will finish moving all the NEST APP functions to the GOOGLE HOME app,,, but we are not  at that point yet.

Also, in the Google Home App you should be able to see all the recorded clips for the Gen 2 cameras.  I have one of them and it works fine.

It’s crazy how expensive the Gen 1 cameras are.  Now I know why.

You would think that something like this would be unified a bit faster than it is.  Perhaps they could ask their AI for help.