cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cant connect to other nest devices in home for setup

TimStan
Community Member

Got to the step where it tells me to press the button on my nest protect to help the doorbell connect to the network but then it keeps saying 'Try Moving Closer To Another Nest Device' .. everything is on the same wi-fi.  I keep pressing 'try again' with no success. Tried moving close to the protect, also tried going close to the nest thermostat but it won't work. Any ideas?!

1 Recommended Answer

So.. after many hours of trying everything, the ONLY thing that worked was using my wifes iphone to install google home and then created a new home...  nothing else worked.  I just moved my google mini speaker into that home so the doorbell works now.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WHM
Community Member

Having the same issue with wired doorbell.

BretWyngarden
Community Member

Following as I have the same issue with both the wireless doorbell and camera I recently purchased.  All other troubleshooting steps have been followed with multiple router and phone restarts, but no luck getting them to connect.

So.. after many hours of trying everything, the ONLY thing that worked was using my wifes iphone to install google home and then created a new home...  nothing else worked.  I just moved my google mini speaker into that home so the doorbell works now.