cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbell camera

Mommabear904
Community Member

The back of my doorbell camera doesn’t have a code or six digit number. How do I put it in if I have the original box. It doesn’t give me an option to put in the serial number. Does anyone know how to fix this or did I just throw my money away?

1 Recommended Answer

@Mommabear904 

The QR code, with the Setup Code above or below, should be as shown below.  On one of our Nest Hello Doorbells, they were also on the paper sleeve in the doorbell's packaging.  I'm not aware of anywhere else it can be found. I can't explain what's happened with your doorbell.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 1.51.08 PM.png

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Mommabear904 

Unfortunately, you need either the QR code or the 6-character alphanumeric Setup Code to install or reinstall a Google Nest camera. We write down our Setup Codes for this reason.

Is there not another place to find it the black back has nothing

image.jpg

@Mommabear904 

The QR code, with the Setup Code above or below, should be as shown below.  On one of our Nest Hello Doorbells, they were also on the paper sleeve in the doorbell's packaging.  I'm not aware of anywhere else it can be found. I can't explain what's happened with your doorbell.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 1.51.08 PM.png

I think I should be able to get my money back. This was a gift and my dad can’t find the receipt from Walmart. This was gotten for my kids and my safety hopefully Google will replace it 

@Mommabear904 

Google Nest has not made or sold the Google Nest Hello Doorbell for at least a year or more, but if it's a new camera and it came without a QR code OR Setup Code, it simply cannot be installed.

Hi there @Mommabear904,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Nest camera. I understand how frustrating it can be when your security system isn't working as expected.

We'd like to further check on this. Could you fill out this form and let me know once you're done?

Best regards, 

Melany