cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Battery Doorbell

moniquer
Community Member

Hi there. I recently purchased the new google nest battery doorbell and after having installed it and connected it to my Google Home it appears that when you press the button on the doorbell it doesn't chime indoors. The chime on the doorbell itself is very soft and weak.

I do get an alert on my phone but wondering if there is a way that a sound can come through on my Nest Hub to alert me?

I'm hoping this is possible otherwise I will be very disappointed.

Thanks so much

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hi moniquer,

Firstly, I would make sure your doorbell is in the same home in the Google Home app as your speaker or display. If it’s not, you won’t get visitor announcements. To turn visitor announcements on:

1. Open the Home app.
  2. Tap your doorbell icon.
  3. In the top right, tap Settings cog > Doorbell.
  4. Turn Visitor announcements on or off.

You can also use your Nest Hub to watch video from your doorbell. Learn how to stream video using your Google Nest display.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hi moniquer,

Firstly, I would make sure your doorbell is in the same home in the Google Home app as your speaker or display. If it’s not, you won’t get visitor announcements. To turn visitor announcements on:

1. Open the Home app.
  2. Tap your doorbell icon.
  3. In the top right, tap Settings cog > Doorbell.
  4. Turn Visitor announcements on or off.

You can also use your Nest Hub to watch video from your doorbell. Learn how to stream video using your Google Nest display.

Bryan
Community Member

David- should we expect video to stream on a doorbell ring?  Or do we only get video when we navigate to the camera?  When a ring occurs i get notified on my hub and hub max but the screen displays no camera feed available.  To see the stream I need to navigate to the camera. 

moniquer
Community Member

Hi David

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes the doorbell is in the same home as the Nest Hub. 

I have followed your instructions above and still not getting any sound come through on the Hub itself. Could that be because it is not the 2nd generation Nest Hub?

Thanks

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Ah, potentially. It does require a Google Nest, not original Google Home, display to work I believe.