cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Battery Operated Doorbell - no indoor chime option - false advertising

GBell1
Community Member

This ISN'T feedback. I need to get hold of someone. I purchased a Google Nest Battery Operated doorbell as a gift. Read the description on Amazon, and nowhere did it say it won't provide a chime inside. I've followed the troubleshooting in settings and there is no option to turn a chime on. This is false advertising by omission and I want a refund, but trying to get hold of anyone is impossible. I'm limited with accessibility issues. The chat function says it's open, but when I try it says it's not available. 

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@GBell1 

Like all Google Nest doorbells (and those of other brands), the battery doorbell can ring an indoor doorbell chime if it is wired to an indoor doorbell chime and doorbell transformer, and the "Indoor chime" option is turned on.  For the battery doorbell, the "Indoor chime" option is automatically disabled IF the doorbell is NOT wired to an indoor doorbell chime.  If you have Nest Nubs or Nest Minis, you can also turn on the "Visitor announcements" option (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7672451).

The post on Google Store says : "The Nest Doorbell is battery-powered, so it’s compatible with all homes. Pair with Nest Mini  to get an audible chime, or use the wired installation to get your existing chime."

The Amazon listing says: "The Nest Doorbell is easy to install wired or wire-free; the built-in battery means it works with any door, or connect it to your existing doorbell wires with the included wire connector."