cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google (Nest?) Doorbell -- How to remove?

Pancake64
Community Member

Hi Team!

We just moved into a house with a Google doorbell. I need to remove it so I can access the QR code -- but I have no idea how to do this. Videos keep referring to a hole at the bottom of the device, but there is no such hole on this device. There is a hole under the device, on the wall, but nothing seems to engage when I jab thing into it.

How do I dismount this thing? I'd upload a picture, but I don't have permission to do so.

Happy 2024!

3 REPLIES 3

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @Pancake64 

It might be a hole at the top of your doorbell.  From the support page: Remove Nest camera or doorbell from its stand or mount - Google Nest Help 

To remove your doorbell from its wall mount, insert the included hex key at the top of your doorbell. Turn the hex key counterclockwise to loosen the screw. Then, pull the doorbell up and away from the wall

See if that helps and let us know!

@Pancake64 

Unless you have a 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell with the bracket mounted upside down (with the hole on the top, where it won't work), you probably have the 2nd gen Google Nest Doorbell, where the release mechanism is accessed with a hex key inserted in the TOP of the bracket, and mounted and dismounted as shown at about 8:25 in this video:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/12570869

The video also says you can use a 3/32-inch or 2-1/2 millimeter hex wrench.

You have to be logged into this forum (by clicking on the blue profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen) before you click on "Reply" to get the camera icon that allows you to upload a photo to this forum.

Pancake64
Community Member

The hole was at the top but hidden under a shingle. Tough to access, but I eventually got it. Thanks!