cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Doorbell (battery) does not appear in Google Assistant app

VICTORHUGOBRAZI
Community Member

I have a Google Nest Doorbell and Google Nest Mini registered with Google Home. They work perfectly well!

However, when asking Google Assistant to display live images of the Google Nest Doorbell, I noticed that the device does not appear in the app.

I'm desperate, can anyone help me?

1 Recommended Answer

@VICTORHUGOBRAZI 

Your screen shots show which devices you have in the Google Home app, and which devices are linked to Google Assistant. But that does NOT mean that everything works on every device. The Google Nest Help page I linked to above says:

"You can tell Google Assistant to play your Nest camera’s live video on a screen. To be compatible, the screen must be one of the following:

A Google Nest display
A display with a Chromecast device attached to it
A display that has Chromecast built-in"

I'm just another Google Nest customer, so I don't know WHY this limitation exists.

If I go to the Google Assistant app on my iPhone XR and say "Hey Google, show the Front Door", it doesn't do anything until (since we have more than one Nest Hub) I say WHICH Nest Hub to stream it on. So if I say "Hey Google, show the Front Door on the Kitchen Hub", it will stream our Front Doorbell on our Kitchen Nest Hub.

Your screen shot says you have a "Tablet Google".  Is that a Nest Hub? Perhaps you can stream to that.

If I had to GUESS, I would say that since we can already stream our cameras and doorbells in the Google Home app or Google Nest app (depending on the camera or doorbell) on our phones, Google Nest probably saw no reason to duplicate this streaming functionality in the Google Assistant app.

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@VICTORHUGOBRAZI 

On what device are you trying to display the livestream for your Google Nest Doorbell Battery? If you're trying to display it on your phone, why don't you just open the Google Home app and select your doorbell?

According to the Google Nest Help topic below, under "Things you can say and do", you can only play your Google Nest's live video on a Google Nest display or a Chromecast display:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9325085?hl=en#zippy=%2Cthings-you-can-say-and-do

Hello.

I'm trying to view live images from the Google Nest Doorbell in Google Assistant app on iPhone Xr

@VICTORHUGOBRAZI

According to the link I shared above, you can't initiate a livestream for your Google Nest Doorbell on your phone using Google Assistant. But you can view its livestream in the Google Home app.

But is there any reason why the Google Nest Doorbell doesn't appear on Google Assistant?

Look here

https://images4.imagebam.com/d4/19/7b/MEQJYMX_o.PNG

https://images4.imagebam.com/50/90/e2/MEQJYNC_o.JPEG

@VICTORHUGOBRAZI 

Your screen shots show which devices you have in the Google Home app, and which devices are linked to Google Assistant. But that does NOT mean that everything works on every device. The Google Nest Help page I linked to above says:

"You can tell Google Assistant to play your Nest camera’s live video on a screen. To be compatible, the screen must be one of the following:

A Google Nest display
A display with a Chromecast device attached to it
A display that has Chromecast built-in"

I'm just another Google Nest customer, so I don't know WHY this limitation exists.

If I go to the Google Assistant app on my iPhone XR and say "Hey Google, show the Front Door", it doesn't do anything until (since we have more than one Nest Hub) I say WHICH Nest Hub to stream it on. So if I say "Hey Google, show the Front Door on the Kitchen Hub", it will stream our Front Doorbell on our Kitchen Nest Hub.

Your screen shot says you have a "Tablet Google".  Is that a Nest Hub? Perhaps you can stream to that.

If I had to GUESS, I would say that since we can already stream our cameras and doorbells in the Google Home app or Google Nest app (depending on the camera or doorbell) on our phones, Google Nest probably saw no reason to duplicate this streaming functionality in the Google Assistant app.

Hello, my question has been clarified. Thanks!

Yes, the name "Google tablet" is a Google Nest Hub