cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Doorbell with Nest Aware Plus - Download 3h of video

ChewyRaptor
Community Member

Hello,

I have a Google Nest gen2 Doorbell with Nest Aware Plus. I need to download a 3h clip for a Police related event that it captured...

How can I proceed? 

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ChewyRaptor 

With the 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells that are installed in the Google Home app, you can only download the short video events that Google Nest has flagged as events in your event video history.  (The Google Nest app lets you manually create clips for the older 1st gen cameras, but I don't think they could handle a single 3-hour clip.)

As acknowledged by Google Nest Support staff on other posts in this forum, the only thing you can do is to use the video capture tools in your phone to capture the video as you play it on your phone (and hope the video replay doesn't stall while you are playing it).

(If you succeed in capturing those 3 hours, that's going to be one huge video file.)

Thanks for the information. This is of course super disappointing as it makes the Nest Aware Plus subscription a moot point. As a long time Google Home, and Nest before that, home automatization enthusiast that has acquired all Google devices imaginable over the years, I feel that the value received is less and less as time fly. As an example, I could do that easily with my Doorbell gen 1 and the Nest app.

@ChewyRaptor 

Even in the Google Nest app, clips can't be longer than 1 hour:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9250455

But yes, the Google Nest app is clearly better.  We've been waiting 2 years for Google Nest to provide our battery camera with the same capabilities.