cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Nest Hubto automatically show doorbell person before pressing doorbell button

RandyBSD
Community Member

Hi All,

I need help. I have set up my doorbell camera on Google home so that it records all person events. Also my nest Hub Max appropriately shows the front doorbell whenever someone presses the doorbell button. However, I would really like my Nest hub to alert me and tell me that someone is at the doorbell and automatically show the doorbell camera whenever it recognizes a person (any person, not just familiar faces) even before they press the button. I want this because many people do not press the button but I want to know that they are out there. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Randy

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@RandyBSD 

Currently, the only option Google Nest gives us for notifications to our Nest Hubs are "Visitor notifications" that get sent to Nest Hubs when the doorbell button is pressed.

RandyBSD
Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad because we know the technology is there since the cameras Auto recognize and record when a human comes in frame. Hopefully they'll be a software update that enables this feature. Thanks again, Randy

mdr2
Community Member

The only way I know of to get close to what you want is that it will do that kind of alert by only to  your phone which is running app.    It does not exist at this time for the Google Hubs.  I know people on this forum have been asking for that feature for years but so far Google has not make it a priority.