cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect times

mackenzie00
Community Member

My nest doorbell time stamps and nest hub max photo frame display the incorrect time. They display the time one hour later than my time. My address is correct in the Google Home app. My location services are on. I have spent hours troubleshooting and reading google threads and talking to customer support on the phone, who was of no help. When I ask my nest hub what time it is, the time it says and displays is correct. But the time on the home page is never correct.

This is both the nest doorbell AND the nest hub max I’m having the issue on. My time zone and location is correct. I’ve only explained this to customer support 20 times, and he still tried to make me change my iphone settings when Google Nest is the problem. I just bought the hub and 4 battery operated cameras and I’m going to return them all if I can’t get the time display and time stamps to be correct. 

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I seem to remember that you can correct this by making sure that your GMAIL and/or GOOGLE CALENDAR have the correct physical address information in them.    If you can't fix it try opening an official support ticket so you can speak with a google tech person.  Here is the link:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@mackenzie00 

Google Nest uses some sort of internal Google database to assign time zones to addresses all over the world.  In some posts in this forum they have acknowledged that, but in most responses Support staff seems to act as if there is no such database.  That database seems to have errors in it.  Last year, when Mexico discontinued using daylight saving time, the database apparently did NOT get updated and there were numerous complaints in this forum until Google Nest finally fixed it.  But now there are border areas in Mexico and possibly in the US where Google Nest still has incorrect time zones.  There's an area in part of Australia that is assigned to an incorrect time zone. For one of the areas in Mexico, I tried asking the Google Assistant what the time was in that Mexican town, and got an incorrect answer, curiously with no time zone specified. If that's what's going on in your case, and if their error includes your whole town, then if you ask Google what the time is in your town, you might get an incorrect answer.

In most of the posts I've seen in this forum, Support staff never acknowledges the existence of the problem, or the database, and instead suggests things like doing a factory reset. Except for a few responses, where customers were told to contact Google Maps (they were unsuccessful in getting their time zone corrected), there seems to be no process for correcting such time zone errors.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@mackenzie00 

This is a thread about customers in Valle Hermoso, Tamaulipas, México who have an incorrect time zone and cannot get it corrected:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Wrong-time-zone-DST/m-p/613368/

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I seem to remember that you can correct this by making sure that your GMAIL and/or GOOGLE CALENDAR have the correct physical address information in them.    If you can't fix it try opening an official support ticket so you can speak with a google tech person.  Here is the link:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp