cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looking for a single web based app (desktop PC Chrome) that can view cameras

JritchTex
Community Member

So I found the Nest app and have that running on my desktop Chrome.  Works great for both buildings - I can see the Nest Hubs and the doorbell in one building.  But, I have multiple outdoor cameras and floodlights and even a smoke/CO detector.  Is there no app that allows me access to all the Google products installed?  Working just across a small cell phone screen really isn't practical while I'm at work.  I'm assuming there's some Google Home app for the PC I just can't locate?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks, Jay

6 REPLIES 6

lucaswolfson
Community Member

have you tried using www.home.nest.com in chrome browser? It gives you access to web based nest application 

Sorry sir that is incorrect. The web brower URL is only or Nest Cameras not for Google Nest Cameras which to the average consumer is bait and switch.  Google seems to be more concerned with wish you happy birthday and tv crap integration.  Sad but true 

JritchTex
Community Member

yes - I am using it but it only shows the nest doorbell and the nest hub cameras.  It doesn't seem to have access to the floodlight cameras and other devices that show on the phone app.  So, looking for a desktop app or chrome web app that will show all devices like Google Home?

I get you, you're using cameras of various manufacturers, search for Daniel Ross article on "how to view all your security cameras in one place" 

-Michael-
Community Member

I found the article that @lucaswolfson suggested. Link below.

I believe the OP is looking for the same thing that I am; viewing older Nest cameras and newer Nest cameras within the same app or web app.

Currently, I don't think it is possible. From what I have read, Google is working on a web client for this.

Google has said that they plan to have this functionality "sometime in 2022". IMO, this should have been available when the cameras were released.

https://www.vueville.com/home-security/cctv/how-to-view-all-your-security-cameras-in-one-place/ 

Make that 2023, Google just rolled out their new features.  Birthday wishes and more chromecrap Tv.  They obviously don’t care about the users needs that permeates this forum. An app the works like nest does.  Nope They feel Tv and birthday wishes are what we want