cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Multiple wireless networks / 1 home

DavidLaSirena
Community Member

I'm trying to setup a small camera system at a condominium.  There is not a condominium wide wifi network, but there are several condos that are willing to let the cameras be connected through their networks.

i'd like to set up a single "home" and have that connected to a single Nest aware account.  I have set up 3 cameras on a single wifi network and "home" and they worked.  

Then I tried to see if there was a way to move a camera to a location with another wifi network - I could not connect and I didn't see a way to change the wifi account associated for a camera.

I'd like to understand if there is a way to do that first.  Does anyone know how to do that ... camera 1 on WiFi network 1 and camera 2 on Wifi network 2 and so on.

Also, in the middle of this effort, I "removed" one camera (camera 3) from the account ... and now I can't set it back up ... any ideas what I need to do.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@DavidLaSirena 

All of the Google Nest cameras and doorbells in a Google Nest "home/structure" need to be on the same Wi-Fi network on the same Google Account. They're really designed for home use.

As far as the issue you're having with the one camera you removed, it depends on the exact circumstances, and whether it's a 1st gen camera (installed in the Google Nest app) or a 2nd gen camera (installed in the Google Home app). 

You could try sharing specifics on exactly what happened, or you could try contacting Support, using the link and instructions in this post:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@DavidLaSirena 

All of the Google Nest cameras and doorbells in a Google Nest "home/structure" need to be on the same Wi-Fi network on the same Google Account. They're really designed for home use.

As far as the issue you're having with the one camera you removed, it depends on the exact circumstances, and whether it's a 1st gen camera (installed in the Google Nest app) or a 2nd gen camera (installed in the Google Home app). 

You could try sharing specifics on exactly what happened, or you could try contacting Support, using the link and instructions in this post:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

MplsCustomer, thanks for your reply.  The cameras are 2nd gen and was installed in the Google Home app.  

I will contact support.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I know another user on this forum had a similar issue.  He ended up changing over to the  WYZE line of cameras because they don't have the 1-WIFI limitation. "He said Its $99 a year no matter how many Wi-Fi s and cameras." 

Empty Nester, thanks for the lead.