cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My NEW Nest 2nd Gen Wired Doorbell will NOT connect to the App, my older Nest is working on back dr.

dfprosser
Community Member

I was given a second NEST doorbell for my birthday as I need the higher resolution and image for problems I have. my older Nest Doorbell wired is on my front door and fully functional. I have attempted many times to connect the NEW and it can NOT be found. I obviously know how to add and also have a Google Nest Camera on my back yard, also fully functional. For the NEW 2nd gen Doorbell, I HAVE checked my supply voltage at the doorbell and it is holding at 17vac, both static and when the button is pressed. When the other doorbell is pressed the voltage remains at 17vac as well. My source is a Triad F92A transformer set to 16 vac. The LED under the camera on the 2nd GEN is ON and slowly flashing BLUE. Also, there is NO light ring around the button on the 2nd GEN doorbell. I don't know what else I can add for your analysis!

I AM following the app for adding this new device 2nd gen doorbell and have tired both the QR code AND the Setup code and after numerous attempts and waiting a long time, each try, for it to connect (only to fail), I'm reaching out to YOU for HELP.    IS MY NEW DOORBEL DEFECTIVE OR AM i DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!

contact me by phone #### cell, or email <#   SOON!!!

Moderator note: for the safety of our community members, this post was edited to remove personally identifiable information.

1 REPLY 1

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user like you.   I'm scratching my head on this one.  The only thing I can think of is there a chance that transformer can't power both doorbells at once?    Would it be possible to temporarily disconnect the 1st doorbell so it isn't using any power and then try and add the new one?  I know  you said you are measuring 17Volts but maybe there are too many amps being drawn?

Since this is only a user forum Google will not generally respond here.  You may want to open an official support ticket with Google which will let you escalate to a phone call after you have answer the questions.  Here is the link to start the process...

If you get this going please return here and let us know what the solution was.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp