cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

NC024 Error

CCAM
Community Member

I set up my wired doorbell.  When I did the video was working and connected but it would not use the indoor chime.  I turned the indoor chime on within settings and it still would not work.  I did a reset of the doorbell and the indoor chime started working when the doorbell was rung.  However, the doorbell thereafter disconnected from the internet and shows as being offline.  The message it gives now is "Something went wrong The app is having trouble connecting to your camera. Make sure you're close to it and it's plugged into a power outlet. NC024(4.7)." I was right next to the doorbell when it gave me this message and it is hooked up to the electrical and no need for a plug. I decided to remove the doorbell from my nest app and reinstall the product.  When I did the same situation happened. 

Why does it need to connect to my other camera? How do I fix this so the video doorbell can be functional?

2 REPLIES 2

wouter1
Community Member

i got the same problem... if i reset the doorbell i have my connection but in 20 minutes i lose it.

CCAM
Community Member

Hi. Not sure if your problem got fixed or not, but I spent quite a while on support chat with Google and this is what they sent me.  I have not tried it out yet, but figured I would post in case you still were having the same issue.  They told me to reset it and then remove the chime connector and connect the wires directly to the doorbell.  

"I request you to factory reset your Nest doorbell. Remove the device from your account and re-add it, make sure to turn off the power breakers before touching any wires as you need to reseat the wires too.

Here is the link Restart or factory reset Nest camera or doorbell

Here is the link Install Nest Doorbell (wired)"