cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Doorbell Wired - No Indoor Chime

ChristopherKopp
Community Member

Just installed a Nest Doorbell Wired. Everything worked perfectly for one doorbell ring, but since then the chime inside the house won't ring. I've triple checked everything. Nothing is being blocked. I've tried swapping the positions of the front and trans wires.

Any ideas?

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ChristopherKopp 

Some of us with Google Nest Hello Doorbells who have mechanical and not electronic chimes have had success turning "Chime Duration" on and then back off again in the Google Nest app, even though that setting is intended for electronic chimes.

View Recommended Answer in original post

ChristopherKopp
Community Member

Don't know if I would have ever tried this, but damnit it worked. I'm now laughing at my frustration from a few hours ago. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Take care and hope you have a nice weekend!

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ChristopherKopp 

Some of us with Google Nest Hello Doorbells who have mechanical and not electronic chimes have had success turning "Chime Duration" on and then back off again in the Google Nest app, even though that setting is intended for electronic chimes.

ChristopherKopp
Community Member

Don't know if I would have ever tried this, but damnit it worked. I'm now laughing at my frustration from a few hours ago. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Take care and hope you have a nice weekend!

Hi folks,

I appreciate the help @MplsCustomer. Glad to hear it's working now. Do you still need further assistance with this? Otherwise we can consider this as resolved, and I will lock the thread.

Regards,

Steve 

Hi Steve,

It's still working. Problem solved. You can lock the thread. Thanks!