cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Doorbell Wired - blue light activates but green light just blinks once and camera offline

TMeds
Community Member

Hi,

My wired doorbell has gone offline. The chime button senses activity and turns a solid blue but then after a few seconds the green light at the top blinks once and then the doorbell stops working. I have checked the power connection and attempted both a reset and factory reset. Neither seemed to have any impact. Can someone please help?

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@TMeds 

You listed the "Nest Doorbell (wired Gen 2), but you also listed the "Nest app (Android)".

Do you have a 1st gen Nest Hello Doorbell? Is this happening when the doorbell button is pressed, or just when someone walks in front of the doorbell? How long does it stay offline?

I'm asking all these questions because there's a known defect with Nest Hello Doorbells, where the doorbell's internal battery fails after a year or two. The chief symptom is that the doorbell goes offline for a minute whenever the doorbell button is pressed. A workaround is to turn off the "Indoor chime" option and rely instead on "Visitor announcements".  The internal battery in all 3 of our Nest Hellos has now failed.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-Hello-Doorbell-cuts-out-when-butto...

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@TMeds 

You listed the "Nest Doorbell (wired Gen 2), but you also listed the "Nest app (Android)".

Do you have a 1st gen Nest Hello Doorbell? Is this happening when the doorbell button is pressed, or just when someone walks in front of the doorbell? How long does it stay offline?

I'm asking all these questions because there's a known defect with Nest Hello Doorbells, where the doorbell's internal battery fails after a year or two. The chief symptom is that the doorbell goes offline for a minute whenever the doorbell button is pressed. A workaround is to turn off the "Indoor chime" option and rely instead on "Visitor announcements".  The internal battery in all 3 of our Nest Hellos has now failed.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-Hello-Doorbell-cuts-out-when-butto...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The doorbell is always offline but when someone stands infront of it the bluelight activates but as it attempts a green light at the top it just blinks and goes off.

@TMeds 

Perhaps you should just try to contact Support; I still can't tell whether you have a 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell or a 2nd gen Google Nest Wired Doorbell.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

it is definitely a Gen 2 doorbell

@TMeds 

Then maybe it's new enough so you're still covered by the 1-year warranty and could contact Support for a replacement. If not, it might still be worth contacting them in case they have another solution that would address your symptoms of a doorbell that is always offline and attempts and fails to wake up when someone approaches.