cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest/Google Camera power interior lost the QR code and cannot establish connection

kosmokirby
Community Member

I have indoor wired 2nd generation Nest Cam and have either misplaced or trashed the QR code that came with it and I cannot get it to work.  I have the 6 digit alphabet code to the camera.  I cannot find the serial code on the camera itself.  I entered the 6 digit code into my iPhone and it would not provide the last 4 digits of the serial number for me to enter to connect the camera to my wi-fi network.  Are there other ways to connect this camera to my Google Nest camera since I do not have the QR code to scan with my iPhone.  Very frustrated since this should be a simple task.  Thank you for all your help. 

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@kosmokirby 

This can happen if you are using the wrong app to try to install your camera. The 2nd gen indoor wired camera gets installed in the Google Home app.

I am using the Google Home app on my iPhone, the issue I am having is that I do not have the QR code for the camera to scan and add it to the other 4 cameras I already have on the system. 

@kosmokirby 

Using the 6-character alphanumeric Setup Code for your camera SHOULD work just as well as scanning the QR code. If you're using the Google Home app for the install of your 2nd gen indoor camera, I don't know why it's not displaying the last 4 digits of the serial number to allow you to continue.

You could try contacting Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.