cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest cameras

Claudia
Community Member

We have had our nest cameras for a couple of years, and they work great.  Before they were a Google product we had a paid service per month so we could see events within the last 24 hours or more and record things that we wanted to save.  I never received a notice when Nest switched to Google, or Google didn't ask if I wanted to continue paying... now I only see things in real-time.  I can't look back 15 minutes or 24 hours to see what was going on, I can no longer access nest on my iPhone.  I want to have the service and have read through some things, but it is not clear, is the $6 a month per camera, or for the whole house?  (I have 3 cameras, they are currently active via my wifi).  No idea how to sign up, or what I need to do.  Any help will be sincerely appreciated.  I would like to take care of this as soon as possible.  Thanks in advance for responses and assistance.

4 REPLIES 4

Yobotje
Community Member

In the Netherlands we pay €5 for a Nest Aware account and that for more camera’s in the same account. About making an account for Nest and Google Home you should be able to find your way on Google support .

Delbouy
Community Member

I have just became a victim of this too, I guess a year or so ago you were encouraged to migrate your account from nest to Google home, and like me you think that's the thing to do because Google bought nest. 

What you failed to notice as it was never made obvious was in doing so you cancelled your contract with nest and started a new one with Google and the terms say that you can't go back to Nest. 

Here's where it gets even more insidious, the contract I was on was 40 a year and that gave 24/7 video stored for 30 days.

Google home to get some of the same functionality costs 100 a year and it's only stored for 10 days. 

And to add Insult to further injury if you buy any of the newer cams like I just done the cam has to be setup up in Home and can't be used in the nest app.

Because of this the app says you need to upgrade in order to add the cam etc and you click upgrade only to find you can't revert back to the nest app. Or subscription.

I personally feel cheated by the way they have done this. 

I urge anyone still on a nest contract NOT to migrate to Google as they are dishonest to say the least.

Claudia
Community Member

Thanks for the information.  I sure wish I would have known what the deal was... I was very pleased with my original Nest product and service.  I also wish Nest would have let us know that we could have kept their service... I was under the impression that Google bought them out and we had no choice.  😞  I have been happy with many Google items, but this scenario is a bit sketchy...  But unless I want to invest in new security cameras I will need to sign up for whatever service I can get.  I can see things in real-time, but if I am away from home I can't backtrack and see who or what was on my property.  I do wish the "explanation" of prices for the service was more clear... it would be perfect to get to speak to a real person when placing an order.  

Delbouy
Community Member

If you want the 24hr video like you had before you will need to pay for the nest aware plus subscription, Here in the UK its £100 per year