cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest doorbell Talk and listen not working

Blandine
Community Member

The door has been installed for 2 years, it did work before and not sure when it stopped, but someone pressed the doorbell and I tried to talk and they couldn't hear me, nor did my quick response come out. It is constantly not working for push to talk, responses and the bell doesn't even make a "ding dong" sound when pressed. It is wired and never been dropped.

It makes me think the doorbells speaker is defective if it doesn't even make a "ding dong" or a "quick response" from the speaker.

I have tried a factory reset, restarting it and reinstalling the app/doorbell and nothing is fixing this 😞

2 Recommended AnswerS

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, the only other thing I can think to try is to remove the doorbell from power for about 30 seconds and let the device reboot.  You can either disconnect one of the wires or turn of the circuit breaker   

If that doesn't solve the problem I think your best bet is to open a support ticket with Google so that you can speak with an an actually Google Tech person.  Since this is just a user forum Google does not generally respond here or even look at these posts.   Here is the link to open a ticket:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

View Recommended Answer in original post

I had the same problem for so long and I fixed it today the problem is with the permissions in our phones I don't know what app is causing it or combination of but I removed permission from the microphone from all the apps including Google home when you go to access any app that needs the mic it will ask you for permission I logged into my Google home and my nest doorbell talking listen worked for the first time in months

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Blandine
Community Member

The doorbell*

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Are you by any chance on a Samsung phone?   I see by searching here on this forum that a lot of people on SamSung phones are reporting this.  Here is a link I found on the REDIT site where they are talking about it as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nest/comments/177g7sx/no_sound_or_audio_when_viewing_live_nest_camera/

Does this sound like what you are running into?

No, an iPhone 

I had the same problem for so long and I fixed it today the problem is with the permissions in our phones I don't know what app is causing it or combination of but I removed permission from the microphone from all the apps including Google home when you go to access any app that needs the mic it will ask you for permission I logged into my Google home and my nest doorbell talking listen worked for the first time in months

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, the only other thing I can think to try is to remove the doorbell from power for about 30 seconds and let the device reboot.  You can either disconnect one of the wires or turn of the circuit breaker   

If that doesn't solve the problem I think your best bet is to open a support ticket with Google so that you can speak with an an actually Google Tech person.  Since this is just a user forum Google does not generally respond here or even look at these posts.   Here is the link to open a ticket:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Wow,,, that is a good find.  Hopefully this solution will help other people as well.