cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Netgear Orbi router & one satellite installed for cameras, but still can't get stable connection

fkaoud
Community Member

So I used to have the Google wifi, cameras would have issues connecting at times and not being consistently connected when opening camera under google home app.

So I figured I would try the Orbi ($700 later) with its wifi 6 and better antennas thinking it may be a reception issue.

However the same exact issues are still happening. 

The Nest floodlights and doorbell cameras don't always connect, or take several minutes to load up.

I have Optimum 200 plan for internet speed - getting 220 downloads and 12 uploads 

Anyone have any experience with this?

6 REPLIES 6

InkedZink
Community Member

So I did exactly the same, had the Google mesh 3 pack, got the orbi wifi 6 mesh 3 pack and was having major connectivity problems. low and behold orbi wifi has a specific"issue" with dual band. Had to basically whipe and start fresh, connect all my "smart home devices" to the orbis 2.4ghz first, then allow my other devices that prefer to connect to 5ghz to connect because the orbi is so expensive and advanced yet will not allow you to chose which band to connect to so I had to search around and find this method, all 2.4 devices first then the 5. Otherwise if you do 5 first the 2.4 will struggle to connect because the orbi tries to force it 5. Not the most technical explanation but I was able to figure it out and do it, but eventually got tired of it and just went back to my Google mesh system... Hopefully orbi will add the ability to select each devices band soon otherwise I may just sell it since it just became a major headache having to go through and whipe then re-add everything to 2.4 every time I got a new device that wanted or preferred 2.4

fkaoud
Community Member

Wow you just saved me 700 bucks, returning the orbi now!

Funny thing, your right, I plugged the google wifi back in and had better stability with the cameras, still having some issues but I think its one of the older nest doorbell wired ones that are acting up.

I might just buy the new doorbell to replace the old one to see if ti helps

Thanks!

fkaoud
Community Member

I also wonder if the internet plan is related to slow upload speeds perhaps with the way google home app works with the devices? I have the 200 plan with upload seeds of 10-11mbps - could that be the issue?

What are all you using for internet speed plans?

ORBI is a waste of money if you are trying to connect to 2.4ghz!!! so frustrating that such an expensive mesh system and you cant chose which band! Going to sell my orbi's on gumtree and pick up another system that allows you to chose bandwidths.... anyone have netgear?

orbisatellitesn
Community Member

In this blog we will discuss how to fix orbi satellite not connecting errors. You must try the
power button is something else you'll want to test out. You'll need to press the power button
multiple times and then leave the Orbi Satellite alone for a while to connect it to the power
and start it up.That will undoubtedly assist you, and you will be able to connect the Orbi
Satellite to the router and use it for improved signal strength and greater coverage for your
Wi-Fi network all throughout the place without having to do with much.

Tech2121
Community Member

We can access the Netgear Router Administrator Page by using a primary route Routerlogin.net This control panel allows you to modify your router's wireless settings. You can also use your default IP address as an alternate. The web-management system makes it easy to change usernames and passwords wirelessly and even upgrade firmware. If you have any problems with the login process, please contact our experts.