cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New doorbell won’t connect to app

JessG
Community Member

Hello,

I purchasers a whole nest set up, outdoor cam, hub, mini speakers AND a doorbell. The doorbell is the only one that my home app can’t find. It turns on, white then blue, but the home app can’t seem to find anything, if I scan the QR code it says preparing device but then when it can’t find it says “trying to connect to nest assisting devices” and fails again… I’ve reset and watched the light turn yellow a few times… nothing works. It’s brand new and so far everything else is connected and running. Please help. Jess

6 REPLIES 6

VeronicaSweden
Community Member

I have the same problem. We called the support yesterday. For some reason it is impossible to setup the doorbell. We tried everything, factory reset, restart of router…

I think there is a bug in the app because now I can’t connect the nest firealarm and it was working fine before I deleted it from the google / nest app….

You called support ???? What is that # ? I only get an endless run around loop of none helpful redundancy. Is there actually a support call # ...which a human answers ? Thank you in advance

Woosah
Community Member

I have the same issue. Great description, follwing!

TobyT
Community Member

Did you ever figure it out? I have two doorbell (batteries) with same issue. It gets almost there and says something went wrong. I tried all the steps repeatedly. No luck

Woosah
Community Member

Nope no luck ive tried almost everything in the forum still not connecting.

Johnson4
Community Member

Same issue here. My new nest battery doorbell isn’t responding to my phone’s Bluetooth, and gets stuck when trying to find the cloud. I’ve done the orange light reset a dozen times, and reset my phone/Bluetooth. All my other Google devices work fine.