cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No qr or code legible

Arntzfamily5
Community Member

We moved and brought our nest cameras with us. One got scratched and I cannot read the qr or code. I don’t have the serial number and the camera was removed from my app. How can I set up this camera????

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Arntzfamily5 

Sadly and unfortunately, Google Nest requires either a QR code or a 6-character alphanumeric Setup Code in order to install or reinstall a Google Nest camera or doorbell. That's why for years we've written down our Setup Codes in case we need to reinstall.

You could try contacting Support, but I suspect they can't do anything. Good luck:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Arntzfamily5 

Sadly and unfortunately, Google Nest requires either a QR code or a 6-character alphanumeric Setup Code in order to install or reinstall a Google Nest camera or doorbell. That's why for years we've written down our Setup Codes in case we need to reinstall.

You could try contacting Support, but I suspect they can't do anything. Good luck:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

colgbo
Community Member

If it is a newer camera try removing the bottom plate. The newer cameras have the install code under the bottom plate.