cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Notifications and settings customisation for Google Nest Doorbell

tim_d
Community Member

I received my new Nest Doorbell (battery) today and ran through the setup procedure using the Home app on my Android phone. It almost got to the end and was "making some final changes" when it failed with the only options being retry or cancel. I retried a few times but it constantly failed so I cancelled. I entered the Home app and the Doorbell showed up in my list of devices so I assumed it had completed setup. However, when I press and hold on its tile I can only see the General settings (Name, Home, Room, Voice notifications) - nothing else for customising the doorbell. I can't even seem to access them from the camera view itself when the doorbell is pressed. How do I get the additional (Device Features) settings to show up?

Secondly, when pressing the doorbell button I receive a notification through the Home app on my Android phone and both our Home-connected speakers play an alert but my wife doesn't receive a notification on her Android phone. She is set up as a Manager with access to all devices in the same Household as me and as far as we can see all her notification settings for the Home app are the same as mine. We've tried reinstalling the app but that hasn't worked.

Any help would be great please!

1 REPLY 1

tim_d
Community Member

To update this: I managed to get notifications working on my wife's Android phone and our new Android tablet. All of the notification settings were on and fine by default but installing the Nest app on both devices seemed to make it work. All I needed to do in the Nest app was sign in using the relevant Google accounts which are attached to the Home household - I didn't need to add the doorbell in Nest (I couldn't anyway - it just redirected to the Home app) or set anything up - it just worked.

Now I just have the problem that I can't see any settings for the doorbell aside from the four under General...