cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Second Floodlight & Cam has caused system instability

AlienWarrior75
Community Member

I have Nest Thermostat, Nest Doorbell, 2 Nest Floodlights with Cams.

Everything was fine before I added a second Floodlight.

Now I am experiencing connectivity problems, streaming issues, delays and general annoyances.  The system has become unstable.

The devices are all connected to a WIFI extender which boosts the signal.  The second floodlight setup process was seamless.

Not sure what I can do to improve the quality of service.

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@AlienWarrior75 

It seems quite peculiar for a camera to cause issues with your other devices. Have you tried turning off your second floodlight camera, just to see whether your issues go away? That might tell you whether the problems you're seeing are caused by your second floodlight camera.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@AlienWarrior75 

It seems quite peculiar for a camera to cause issues with your other devices. Have you tried turning off your second floodlight camera, just to see whether your issues go away? That might tell you whether the problems you're seeing are caused by your second floodlight camera.

AlienWarrior75
Community Member

Thank you for reply.  Today the system is far better and more stable.  I guess the latency might have been caused by some other source.  Thanks very much

Hello everybody,

@AlienWarrior75, thanks for reaching out. We're glad that it's stable now. We’ll consider this one complete so let us know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this after 24 hours. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

I appreciate the help, MplsCustomer. 

Regards,
Emerson