cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

T-MOBILE Home Network won’t connect Nest Hello Doorbell

TiffanyP
Community Member

I just got the home network and it has amazing speeds but when I tried to connect my nest doorbell (2nd gen) it doesn’t record movement.  I’ve read that it may be due to 2.4ghz and the home network is 5ghz. Luckily I still have my other internet provider so I switched over and it’s back to recording. Would I need to get a newer doorbell to get this functional 😒. I was hoping it’s a software update. But that may be wishful thinking 

1 Recommended Answer

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You would get your own router yes, for example my ISP gives you a combo modem\router as well, but I disabled the router function on that, and use the Google Nest Wifi mesh system, as it gives me better coverage.  You should be able to do this with your Tmobile system as well, as there are many forums about that system causing havoc with various smart devices. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

So... You aren't entirely wrong in the rest of the world the wireless needs to be 2.4ghz..but in the US it can be either.  

Saying this, I spoke with another t mobile customer recently with the same connectivity issues and it turned out to be the t mobile router itself, they don't seem to work well with smart home tech in general.   Do you have the ability to use your own router ?

Thank you.  The router I have belongs to the ISP therefore if and when I decide to cancel and go with T-Mobile then I won't have one.  So, the solution would be to purchase a router? 

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You would get your own router yes, for example my ISP gives you a combo modem\router as well, but I disabled the router function on that, and use the Google Nest Wifi mesh system, as it gives me better coverage.  You should be able to do this with your Tmobile system as well, as there are many forums about that system causing havoc with various smart devices. 

Curious I have eero hubs is that the same thing as a router? Would that solve my problem with the T-Mobile home network not connecting to the Nest hello video doorbell