cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Turn off chime

Becas
Community Member

Hello,

I have a Google Nest doorbell (battery) and use the Google Home app. Visitor announcement is turned on and works perfect on my nest audio. 

I would like to know if I can:

A: Turn the chime sound completely off but keep the visitors announcement on. This way my dog won't bark. In the current situation my nest audio plays a chime followed by the announcement. I want to get rid of only the chime. 

B: Turn off the chime sound on the outside unit, so we only hear the notification inside. 

Thank you.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Becas 

Unfortunately, the "Visitor announcements" option broadcasts a chime sound to all of your Nest Hubs and Minis, followed by the "Someone is at the XXXXXX door" announcement.  You get BOTH, with no options to get just one or the other.  (Other customers have also asked for the option.)

Turning off "Indoor chime" only turns off the chime on a wired doorbell chime.

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Open the doorbell in the Google Home app. Go to the doorbell settings, and choose Doorbell. The chime settings are there. You can play with turning them on or off there.

Screenshot_20221221-082850.jpg

You can also go into the settings of each home device (Notifications and wellbeing) and mute the announcement on any device that you don't want it to broadcast on. Let's say a baby's room or somewhere that needs to remain quite.

Becas
Community Member

Thank you. I checked my settings. 

My current settings:

Visitor announcement ON.

Ring Indoor chime OFF.

But after pressing the bell it keeps playing the chime first and afterwards a voice tells me there is someone at the door. 

Should the chime be disabled with the settings above? 

BG
Bronze
Bronze

When you say "Chime", you must mean something else. The only chime I am aware of is the chime that hangs on your wall that goes "Ding Dong" or plugs in a wall outlet. Just try playing with the settings, those are the only settings that I am aware of.

Becas
Community Member

Yes sorry, English is not my native language. 

I do not have a seperate chime on the wall. I use my Nest audio speaker as a chime. So when someone's at the door my Nest Audio plays a tune and a spoken visitor announcement.

I want to get rid of the tune (I called it chime, my apologies, wich you can also set to Christmas, Chanoeka etc etc) but that seems to be impossible:) 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Becas 

Unfortunately, the "Visitor announcements" option broadcasts a chime sound to all of your Nest Hubs and Minis, followed by the "Someone is at the XXXXXX door" announcement.  You get BOTH, with no options to get just one or the other.  (Other customers have also asked for the option.)

Turning off "Indoor chime" only turns off the chime on a wired doorbell chime.

Thank you, all clear now!

Hey Becas,

Sounds great! As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you again in 24 hours. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future.

Thanks for the help here, BG and MplsCustomer.

Best,

JT