cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to test hear the theme chimes

Mireille
Community Member

I just saw the holiday themes are back. First of all they should have costomizable chimes year round; we should always get to pick our doorbell sound. Its 2023! But not my focus here haah. Why can’t I test/hear the theme chimes on my phone? I can only hear what they are by ringing the doorbell. Usually within apps I should be able to hear them as I teat them to select which I want. Is it just me!?

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello, I'm an end user like you and I spend a good deal of time on this forum. A number of other people would love to see this as well.   Since this is a user forum Google does  not spend much time here or even read these.   For all requests your best bet is to use the FEEDBACK option built right into the app.  This is what Google reads.  If you go into the setup in the app (usually the GEAR icon) then you will see the FEEDBACK Option. 

That being said here are some thoughts.   For now you just have to go out to the doorbell and hit the button and listen to the ring-theme play right there.   One of their challenges is the way they designed it that "THEME" sound never ever plays on the phone.  It is not part of the app and even once you set it and someone hits the button your phone still does not play the sound.   I wish it did.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello, I'm an end user like you and I spend a good deal of time on this forum. A number of other people would love to see this as well.   Since this is a user forum Google does  not spend much time here or even read these.   For all requests your best bet is to use the FEEDBACK option built right into the app.  This is what Google reads.  If you go into the setup in the app (usually the GEAR icon) then you will see the FEEDBACK Option. 

That being said here are some thoughts.   For now you just have to go out to the doorbell and hit the button and listen to the ring-theme play right there.   One of their challenges is the way they designed it that "THEME" sound never ever plays on the phone.  It is not part of the app and even once you set it and someone hits the button your phone still does not play the sound.   I wish it did.

Mireille
Community Member

Thank you so much for this info!!! I appreciate it!

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

You are very welcome.  One more thing.  I have (2) of the Nest Hubs (gen 2) with the display and when someone pushes the button I hear the holiday theme on those devices.  It is then cool that they auto-switch to the image so I can see who is at the door and talk to them even if the phone is not near me.  It is kinda cool.

Yes! I have one too. I have made my house google smart in the past 3 years and absolutely love it!