cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zoned motion events via Smartthings?

wingster
Community Member

I have a Nest Outdoor pointing at my drive.  It sees my driveway and cars passing on the road.  I have an activity zone set up in the app so that it only triggers motion notifications for activity on my drive, not on the road.

I recently added integration to Smartthings, hoping to do automations such as turning lights red if there is interference on my driveway in the middle of the night, or verbally announce a visitor in the day.  Unfortunately Smartthings seems to be informed of all motion events, not just those on my driveway.  The experience is not consistent - I want Smartthings motion events to be the same as the Nest app motion events, i.e. only consider motion within my named zones as a motion event, not motion anywhere in the field of view.

Is this a limitation of the current smartthings integration?  If so it's a pretty big limitation for driveway camera setups.  Or am I doing something wrong?  

1 REPLY 1

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user like you.  I have number of the nest cams but I don't use any of the automation functions. If you don't get anyone to chime in here you may want to post this over the AUTOMATION section of the forum.    Here is the link:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Home-Automation/bd-p/Home-Automation-CHIP