cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest camera time stamp - police request

Andybrad
Community Member

Hello,

I have recently been burgled and needed to export the clips and provide these to the authorities. This has lead to an issue.

1. There is no time stamp on the exported videos. 

2. There is no ability to show history on a big screen (i.e via the web interface) 

3. There is no ability to have custom export times for clips. (just min clip lengths)

These are critical for the emergency services. every time they had a question they had to come back to me to get the time that it happened. The feedback from the UK police department was "thats not very good"

Lets get it fixed please!

2 REPLIES 2

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,   I'm an end user like you.  Looking back thru this forum I see this has been a popular request.  So hopefully Google will implement this.

In the mean time this might be a satisfactory solution.  I know on my iPhone I can tell it to do a SCREEN RECORD.  I'm sure there is a way to do it on Android.   You set it to record and the go into the Google Home app and play the clip you need.  Since the app shows the date and time it will be captured by the screen record.  You can then use that to present t the authorities.

Hope this helps.

DP707
Community Member

Google doesn’t care about its customers’ safety—only profits