We have had our Google TV since Nov 7, 2021. We changed out our receiver for a new unit utilizing Dolby Atmos with Dirac Live tuning in March. That unit ended up being defective and was swapped. Everything seemed fine from April til a few weeks back. We started noticing a sound that is best described as popping coming from the receiver seen in this clip my wife happened to capture - https://youtube.com/shorts/gDSIovIHJKc
While this noise doesn't seem to be anything that will damage my speakers.. its very annoying, especially since it has been steadily increasing in frequency since it started. I began troubleshooting using data gathered from AVS Forum to see if its the receiver, contacted the vendor I purchased from and the manufacturer.. didn't get anywhere. I found some obscure posts about settings. I turned off the lipsync feature and now the audio simply drops out completely from the center channel instead of the popping noise.
We have been running tests using only one device for an entire evening or day and seeing if it happens.
Xbox - no issues
Sony Blu-Ray player - no issues
Google Tv - As soon as we switch back to it, it begins dropping audio again.
I will be switching back on the lipsync feature to verify that it is happening when we experience the drop outs.
I have isolated the Google TV, used different HDMI ports, changed the audio settings in sound configuration of the Google TV and the receiver but no matter what we change it still happens.
Google TV is configured with the hardwired ethernet power connector.
Please advise on any further troubleshooting we can do on the Google Tv as the issue has most certainly been isolated to it.
Thanks for reaching out to the Chromecast Community forum and for being a step ahead of us. Please try the additional steps below:
Let me know how it goes.
I relocated to the front input, we thought it may have been the fix after not experiencing anything for most of the weekend but Sunday night we noticed it again using Plex, Discovery+ and HBOMax. While it is much more subtle it did still occur. I moved it back to the rear input and we noted it again. I reconfigured some of the receiver settings to only utilize the direct input provided by the device and it continued with that as well yesterday.
We got your form — thanks for filling it out. One of our Senior support representatives already reached out to you via email. Please reply to the email and continue the conversation there as this thread will be locked after 24 hours.