cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't cast SiriusXM to any Chromecast device - error 1001

scythe944
Community Member

Was scouring the internet for the particular error that I'm getting, but haven't found a single case that is recent or relevant.

The problem is that I can't cast SiriusXM via mobile app or desktop browser to any of my Chromecast devices. This includes speaker groups and Chromecast Audio devices.

Any time that I try from Chrome (have tried Edge as well), I select the cast button, then I select a device, I hear the device "connect" (it plays that little tune) and then I receive this error:

scythe944_1-1649440844122.png

Chrome Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit

If I try to cast from my phone, I get the same "Oops, something went wrong" message, but I don't see the error 1001 on it. It appears to be the same error though.

Oddly enough, I can stream just fine from other sources, like music.youtube.com or whatever. I have disabled ad-blockers, pihole and anything else that might be causing this to no avail. Mind you, I've been casting SiriusXM for years, but it just simply stopped working a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else have this problem?

I do seem to be able to cast my entire screen from a desktop computer to a Chromecast device and SiriusXM will play through the TV, but that isn't where I want to listen to music.

On a side note, I have called SiriusXM support and they were unable to resolve. We removed the app on my phone, removed the streaming source from Google Home and re-added it, logged out of my account, logged back in, etc. I knew these troubleshooting steps wouldn't help, since it wasn't working via desktop browser either, but we tried.

I have posted on Reddit as well just a little while ago, but figured I should post it here instead.

1 Recommended Answer

jsermer
Community Member

I'm honestly shocked but disabling the cast integration on my home assistant setup restores the ability to cast:  https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/93360

View Recommended Answer in original post

81 REPLIES 81

UPDATE:  You were right!! I totally stopped all of my home assistant servers and I can now cast without the Opps error.  Wow!  This is an incredible discovery and now if there is a fix because if I have to choose between SiriusXM app casting and Google Cast in HA I must choose the later.  Thanks so much for this discovery and solving the mystery cause!

You're welcome! so nice to finally found the culprit after all this time.  I can say, I don't think I've ever used HA to cast so I'm not even sure why it was configured for me.  Glad your casting abilities are back as well! 😁