cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast 3rd Gen factory reset

CobaltBlueTony
Community Member

Hello. I don't know how old my Chromecast actually is, but there's no button on it. And the home app won't accept it because it says it was set up by another user (???) and it needs to be factory reset. Without the Home app and without the button, how do I do a factory reset?

1 Recommended Answer

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

There IS a button on every model of Chromecast devices.

If you have a round version, look near where you plug the power cord in.  In most of those versions, the button is slightly to the left of that port when you are looking down at the Chromecast.

It's small and doesn't stick out very much.  You may need a flashlight to see it better.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

There IS a button on every model of Chromecast devices.

If you have a round version, look near where you plug the power cord in.  In most of those versions, the button is slightly to the left of that port when you are looking down at the Chromecast.

It's small and doesn't stick out very much.  You may need a flashlight to see it better.

can GUARANTEE you that there is no button. I'll take some pictures at home to prove it if I must. I'm not an idiot, and I have been looking for a button for hours.

Please, do post some pictures.

This page has an excellent pictures of each generation showing where their reset buttons are:

https://www.alphr.com/google/google-chromecast/1002027/how-to-reset-your-chromecast-factory-restore-...