cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Google Tv with a projector and Sonos Arc

biskis
Community Member

Hi. 

I want to create a setup where I have a google TV 4k dongle, I have a projector that has only HDMI input and a Sonos ARC soundbar that has only HDMI Arc input. 

Sonos Arc does not have bluetooth to be able to connecti that way via google tv. 

So what I am thinking is to have some receiver / splitter in the middle to convert to ARC. I have tried with one spliter but the sound was not working. 

This is the setup that I tried

Google TV -> Input to splitter

Spliter Out 1 hdmi Arc -> Sonos Arc soundbar

Splitter Out 2 hdmi -> Projector

On the projector I have image and sound, but on sonos arc I don't have anything. 

I also try to use optical convertor from the spliter to HDMI -> to sonos arc soundbar but still nothing. In sonos app I it can not detect the source (arc or optical). 

I am doing something wrong? Or it might be some product with deffects ? (sonos soundbar or splitter ? )

What else do you think I can try for this setup. 

Or if there is any other recommandation to change the soundbar maybe or to change the projector? 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

RogerGadgetGuy
Community Member

It's confusing because HDMI Audio and HDMI ARC Audio are not the same thing. This device does what you want to do  The Chromecast goes to HDMI IN 1 the Soundbar goes to the confusingly labelled HDMI IN 2 and the projector connects to HDMI out 1 .  I have not personally tested this but it has the correct functionality.  https://www.amazon.com/Bytecc-Extractor-Supports-Soundbar-Compliant/dp/B0C8MNXH3Y?hvadid=69346553133...