cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My TV is not on the Google Chromecast list

Billycrypto
Community Member

When choosing my TV, Linden (bought at The Good Guys), it was not available in the list when setting up the remote?

1 Recommended Answer

Billycrypto
Community Member

After many trial and errors I got the volume (tried 11 or 12 different codes) and power buttons to work with Hisense. Strangely enough the Input button didn’t work with Hisense but it did with TCL. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Unfortunately, it would be impossible for Google to list absolutely every TV brand/manufacturer. You can use some trial and error by selecting the other manufacturer's listed. Alternatively, try a Google search or see if they have forums to see if someone else may have found one that works for your brand of TV.

I disagree, I bought the TV years ago so it should be on the list. Especially as the list is very long. I did that and there was only a mention of Linden (not even available) and TLC (pretty sure they meant TCL) so I tried and that didn’t work. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

We don't know the criteria by which Google decided which manufacturers to add but I would hazard a guess it's because Linden may not be as popular as other TV manufacturers. It being older probably also won't help. I did also find that TCL might help as they share similar remote codes so it's a shame that didn't work for you. There's really no way round this if selecting other manufacturers doesn't work, as there's no feature or setting to teach it the remote codes needed unfortunately.

Billycrypto
Community Member

After many trial and errors I got the volume (tried 11 or 12 different codes) and power buttons to work with Hisense. Strangely enough the Input button didn’t work with Hisense but it did with TCL.