cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

USB Audio routing broken after Android 12 update

RobertW
Community Member

After Android 12 update on Chromecast with Google TV 4K USB Audio routing is no longer working.

I have connected my DAC by USB via USB-C hub.

My DAC shows connection but no sound.

Any ideas welcome. 

1 Recommended Answer

RobertW
Community Member

Thanks. I have a Lindy 38361 audio extractor now with optical out. Works perfect. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

48 REPLIES 48

DavidGP
Community Member

But people already speculate that NVidia Shield will also lose the USB audio transport capability as soon as it updates to Android 12? 

aTomek
Community Member

NVidia is much more supportive, they don't enforce you to update and you can always revert to older version. 

DavidGP
Community Member

Does the Shield support the same inactivity modes as CCwGTV (e.g. show your own Google Photos as Slideshow)?

DavidGP
Community Member

While the DAC of my Stereo also has stopped working with the CCwGTV, this headphone DAC still perfectly works. When listening via CCwGTV over this DAC dongle, the dongle shows 96kHz audio quality.

So it seems that USB audio support has not been completely removed from CCwGTV.

Now the question is, is there a hack to trick CCwGTV into sending USB audio to any DAC again, and not only to some headphone DACs?

In another forum, the following was speculated:

"The DACs that still work with the CCwGTV all do not seem to support more than 24bit / 96 kHz. That is exactly the limitation of the old UAC1 standard. Higher resolutions require UAC2 support.

In this respect, one might suspect that in the newer firmware versions of CCwGTV, UAC2 support has been removed or at least screwed up.

With a few DACs you can switch from UAC2 to UAC1. But it could be possible that you then lose the asynchronous transfer mode in case this doesn't work with UAC1."

FamKis
Community Member

Google has since told me that they not intend to restore the functionality.

Have now switched to a Xiaomi MI Box S 4K, where USB Audio Routing continues to work perfectly.

@FamKis wrote:

What did they say exactly? Would you mind post their answer here?

Thank you!

FamKis
Community Member

Have now switched over to a Xiaomi MI Box S 4K, where USB Audio Routing continues to work perfectly.

Jeroi
Community Member

Hello I run to same issue, Pro mexers usb out worked fine before with My Samsung A42 but suddenly after android update the developer setting OTG will not affect at all to anything. I now purchased usb wireless mics for USB -C phone and it wont work at all. All that phone does is charge the receiver but any app dont get sound from usb microphones. Please fix Android as I am professional video maker and I need to interview with phone and record sound from usb too to my phone. This have to get fixed!

Jeroi
Community Member

And it seams all Android phones have this issue and I am hesitatating to switch to Iphone but it seams it is the only option if android is not fixed for usb sound inputs.