cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i NO LONGER HAE A CAST BUTTON ON THE TOOL BAR OR IN THE SETTINGS DROP DOWN MENU

mrm1
Community Member

AT SOME POINT MY TOOLBAR RECONFIGURED AND I LOST THE CAST BUTTON.  SO I STARTED CHOOSING "CAST" FROM THE SETTINGS MENU BUT THAT CHOICE HAS DISAPPEARED. HOW CAN I GET ONE OT THE OTHER BACK SO I CAN CAST?

1 Recommended Answer

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @mrm1 

In the 3 dot menu, click Save and share, then Cast.  Does that help?

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @mrm1 

In the 3 dot menu, click Save and share, then Cast.  Does that help?

Andybiotic
Community Member

I updated chrome today, and the cast button is gone. I was already aware of where it was on in Save and Share, and i had used it from there. Now it is gone. Nowhere to be found.  I cant even find the extension on the chrome store. Has anyone else encountered this? 

Yes, I just had this problem and cannot figure it out!

jtb1
Community Member

I deleted Chrome on my new Windows 11 HP Desktop PC and reinstalled.  NO Cast button in settings.  

Chromecast works fine from my tablet.

Andybiotic
Community Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled as well. No cast button. I can't even find the extension on the Chrome store. 

Interestingly, there seem to be other extensions developed by third parties that are supposed to help you cast. I've always skipped over those because I felt those would be for users who don't have Chrome, where the cast button is built in. Did I miss a huge Google announcement saying that Chrome will no longer have a cast I capabilities built in? It is very strange. 

jtb1
Community Member

Try This link.     Got it to work.   Naking it very difficult.

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/239835967/i-cant-find-the-cast-button-in-menu?hl=en