cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate the TADO thermostat valves to set temperature from Nest thermostat

arima85
Community Member

Hi,

So, I have been playing around with the Google Home Automations. I have a Nest Thermostat and two TADO smart radiator valves. I like the TADO to update its temperature to the temperature from the Nest Thermostat: e.g. Nest is set to 22C, TADO should be 22C. At night, Nest is set to 15C, TADO should go to 15C.

I have been reading the help, but I cannot understand how to set a dynamic variable, in this case, I would like the temperature of the NEST to be the variable and then update the TADO to this one. I made a small script:

metadata:
name: Temperature control # Choose a short name that summarizes important starters and actions, like “Sunset lights”.
description: Set temperature in the Nest hermostat and Tado (2x) should update to have the same temperature # Write a detailed description that includes everything the automation does, like “At sunset, on weekdays, close blinds, turn on lights to 50%, and play the sunset playlist on certain speakers.”

automations:
# ---- STARTERS ---- #
- starters:
- type: device.state.TemperatureSetting
device: Thermostat - Living Room # Nest thermostat
state: thermostatTemperatureAmbient
is: 20.0C

# ---- ACTIONS ---- #
actions:
- type: device.command.ThermostatTemperatureSetpoint # Set the target temperature for a thermostat device.
devices:
- Dining room - Dining room # TADO smart thermostatic radiator valve located in the dining room
- Living room - Living Room # TADO smart thermostatic radiator valve located in the living room
thermostatTemperatureSetpoint: 20.0C

all examples are with 20.0C, so Ieft it there, but how can I make this thermostatTemperatureSetpoint a variable? 

Is it possible?

thanks!

A.

0 REPLIES 0