cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Script Help Reboot Nest Wifi Pro

sbeachx75
Community Member

Hi, everyone! Currently, I have my Nest Wifi Pro plugged into a smart outlet, which is scheduled to turn off at 03:00 every Sunday and back on at 03:01. I was hoping through the script editor, I would be able to automate this without the 3rd party plug and free it up for something else. I can't seem to clear the script of errors and I'm not really sure how to go about doing so. The very basic code is as follows:

metadata:
  name: Router Reboot
  description: Reboot Wifi network every Sunday morning at 3 AM.
automations:
  starters:
    - type: time.schedule
      at: 03:00 # HH:MM (24 hours format).
      weekdays:
        - SUN
  actions:
    - type: device.command.Reboot
      devices: Blue Point - Living Room

"Blue Point" being my router's device name in Google Home and "Living Room" being its location.

The returned error, however, reads: 

[Blue Point - Living Room] is an invalid device name. The list of valid device names:

It lists all of my devices connected to Google Home, including my Wifi network name, so I plugged that into the script instead, but it returns this error:

[device.command.Reboot] is not supported by device. The list of supported commands: [].

What am I doing wrong here?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You're not doing anything wrong, the problem is that Nest Wifi doesn't natively support the reboot command that you're trying to use.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You're not doing anything wrong, the problem is that Nest Wifi doesn't natively support the reboot command that you're trying to use.

Oh, that is... an interesting compatibility choice by Google. Thanks for the affirmation.

matteh
Community Member

https://developers.home.google.com/automations/schema/reference/entity/sht_device/reboot_command

"Devices that support rebooting, such as routers." - Their only example is routers and routers are the devices that don't work with the command.