cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't control new Hunter Douglas shades on Google Home

ktbusch
Community Member

I have new Hunter Douglas gen 3 shades with the Powerview Gateway. I have added "PowerView Automation" as a linked service on Google Home, and all my shades appeared in my device list.... but I can't do anything with them. In Google Home all the shades are showing as "closed" even though they're all actually open, and I cant make any manual or voice control action from the Google Home app, it just does nothing. Is there a setup step I'm missing? Thanks! (Edited to add that in Google Home, "PowerView Scenes" also comes up as a linked service, and i tried that one as well and it gave me an error that there are no devices available, or something like that. Thinking that's maybe for older gens?)

3 REPLIES 3

lvanhelden
Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  It started sometime last week.  Powerview app works, but automations for powerview scenes through Googel Home no longer work.  I suspect there is some kind of communication issue between Google and Powerview (Hunter Douglas).  Wouldn't be the first time, I am just trying to wait patiently...

Did you link Google Home to the Powerview Scenes or to the Powerview Automation? Both come up as options to add in Home, but selecting powerview scenes wouldn't even let me link anything, so I did the other... and I'm finding no information on that one online.

I was linked already, it just stopped working. So I tried unlinking and re-linking. First starting in the Google Home app and later all over again from the Powerview app. Both times result show on Google Home successfully linked, but it doesn’t work nor does it show up in the list of linked third party apps.