cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geenie app works but Google home shows all lights and switches offline

RobinT
Community Member

Today I hooked up a new modem to my router. Once up and running all speakers, cameras, switches, and light bulbs came online. Geenie has no problem with the upgrade in Internet speed. Google home though shows all bulbs and switches offline. I have repeatedly unplugged the router and modem, linked and unlinked the apps. Nothing is working as it should in the home app so speakers can no longer control lights. I am so disgusted. Is there something I am missing in this...do I have to remove all 30 switches and numerous light bulbs and add them back into my geenie app that works perfectly to get Google to recognize them? This is not something I want to do much less have the time to do.

1 REPLY 1

achesonbarber
Community Member

You shouldn't need to re-add everything! Try a deeper reset first: unlink Geenie from Google Home, then factory reset each Geenie bulb/switch (check their manuals for the process). Once they're back online in the Geenie app, re-link it to Google Home. This usually resyncs everything and restores control from your speakers. If that fails, contact Geenie support for help troubleshooting the compatibility with your new internet setup. Remember, wiping and re-adding everything should be a last resort!