cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Camera (indoor wired) refuses to work after ISP change

SavvyBears
Community Member

Hello, 

We changed ISP's from Comcast to Sail and we cannot get our two Nest cameras to connect to our phones since. Here are all the things we have tried:

1. Turn phones on and off, turned airplane mode on and off

2. Reset cameras

3. Reset modem and router

4. We have to use the  Google Home app (not Nest app) so we deleted our account on  the Home app and made a new one. 

5. Uninstalled the entire app and reinstalled it

6. Tried installing app on three separate phones both iphone and Android, won't connect to any of them. 

7. Our ISP suggested setting up a "guest wifi account" because it runs on 2.4ghz rather than 5ghz and they thought the camera would respond better to  that. Nope didn't work. 

What's really frustrating is that we don't get any clear  error message it just says "something went wrong" when we try to  connect.  So we don't even know exactly what to troubleshoot. We can make it as far  as putting the six  digit code that's on the bottom of the camera into the app and that's when it stops working. Beyond that, we've had these two cameras for almost a year before we changed ISP's (and they worked great) so it's too late to return them, but they are useless right now.  So I feel like I have a few hundred dollars worth of paperweight. It's really really frustrating. You all are my last resort. Please help! Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@SavvyBears 

You can make sure that you performed a "factory reset" and not a "restart" (both instructions are in the same Help topic). That means depressing the reset pin with a paperclip for at least 12 seconds. At 10 seconds, the status light should blink yellow 4 times and you should hear a countdown tone. At 12 seconds, the status light should be solid yellow and you should hear a confirmation tone when the camera begins resetting.

I've seen numerous posts in this forum from customers who were performing a "restart" rather than a "factory reset".

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9252162

SavvyBears
Community Member

I will try this and report back. Every thread I read said a "factory reset" was a button you pressed and held on the back of the camera, and I have no such button so I assumed it wasn't possible  with this version.  Will try this. Ty

SavvyBears
Community Member

It worked!! Thank you so much for including detailed instructions!!

@SavvyBears 

You're welcome!