cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HOW CAN THIS EVEN BE POSSIBLE?

taylorfrichards
Community Member

I have about 9 Nest Protects in my home. When we moved, the sticker on the back of one of them got scratched, and both the QR code and the Entry Key are illegible. The Serial #, however, is completely intact.  I contacted Google Customer Support, hoping they would tell me the Entry Key over the phone, using the Serial Number I gave them.

I was bluntly told that there was nothing they could do.

HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE, that a $120 smart smoke/CO detector, can be completely bricked, because a single sticker on it becomes scratched?

How could a TRILLION dollar corporation so mind-blowingly overlook such a glaringly obvious flaw with their product. It completely baffles me.

4 REPLIES 4

oscarrmartin
Community Member

I second this, I've had a similar issue and the response was ridiculous. I feel scammed  

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

With their new cameras it's even worse. The QR code is printed on a removable sticker. If you lose the sticker you're out of luck.

Sheesh. That’s just bad design. 

Hi folks, 

Thanks for posting and apologies for the late response. I'm sorry that you had to go through this and I understand how you feel. Rest assured that we'll take your experience as feedback. We'll learn from it and deliver a better experience in the future. If you don't have other questions we will be closing this thread within 24hrs to keep content fresh. 

Regards, 

Nikki