cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home speakers once again not working

Xaviorin
Community Member

This is getting old. Once again when broadcasting it never uses my voice. It uses the assistant voice which causes a 20 second delay between my message and speakers and half the time the wording is incorrect.

Why isn't my voice being transmitted again? I bought these speakers mainly for that reason and it doesn't work. I was at Thanksgiving today and my brother uses Alexa everywhere and the features I had that should work on my Google ecosystem don't... But his work flawlessly.

I'm tired of it. Tell me why I shouldn't switch and demand refunds for all of these speakers.

Additionally almost Everytime I ask Google anything it says "I don't know but people asked..." then it repeats exactly what I asked it back to me word for word. Then I have to say yes that's what I want the answer to. I annunciated. There's no background noise. I've reset my network and devices but the issue persists and it's on an almost monthly rotation of working then not.

What gives Google? How is Amazon beating you guys here? 

5 REPLIES 5

marcolopes
Community Member

Isn't that the default and only behavior now?

I am new to the google home ecosystem, so I only experienced the broadcast being interpreted by the assistant and spoken with her voice...

How long ago was the broadcast sent in recording format?

This can also be related to privacy configuration?? So that no recordings are sent to google servers??

I will investigate! 

marcolopes
Community Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/s/4EutEmgEWl

You have to configure voice recording permissions in Google account configuration! 

I have mine off, will test this later...

Even if you go to Google Account -> activity controls -> web and app activity -> include audio recordings??

Just tried with this option ON - same problem!

Well, there are a lot of threads where this issue is being reported, so i will follow the main one: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Spoken-broadcast-message-changed-to-spo...