cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Audio Stereo Pair - no BT correction is a problem.

cpopolo
Community Member

If there's anybody left at Google Automation that cares, here's a scenario that breaks a fundamental feature - using a Bluetooth speaker to make up for the terrible Mini audio:

1/ Device #1 is a Google Mini that is BT to a pair of Creative Labs speakers.  BT is necessary because of course the Mini doesn't have a way to hardwire better speakers.

2/ Device #2 is a PAIR of Nest Audio devices setup as a stereo pair - which are forever dropping off the network, but that's another matter.

The goal is to put the Nest Audio Pair into a speaker group with the Mini + BT Creative speakers.  I can set the delay on the Mini, but there is no BT correction for the Nest Audio Pair.  Since the Mini delay cannot be less than zero, the result is that there is no way to delay the Nest Audio  pair - because they are not using BT and hence do not need a BT delay correction.  But it would be nice to be able to delay the output so make up for the BT lag of the Mini.

I could go on, but I feel like I've already wasted as much time on this than I should.

0 REPLIES 0