I have been experiencing several malfunctioning since last May at least. I have three home speakers and it hasn't been possible to set a timer or an alarm for a long time. The answer in Italian is the equivalent of "Sorry, I didn't understand". I cannot add items to my shopping list because I receive the same answer. The funny part is that to solve the problem it suggests to say the vocal command it doesn't understand. Sometimes the devices lag a bit in executing commands, sometimes they seem not to react to a command or another device in another room answers instead. One particular device from time to time decides to answer with a female voice in English (the Italian one is male) and it doesn't understand the command or it starts reading some web page in Italian with an incomprehensible pronunciation. It often puts on some music with a title sounding similar to the Italian command I was trying to issue. To make it stop I have to speak in English. As of today a group of four lights that are added to the house via a zigbee gateway cannot be controlled. I removed the gateway and added it again. If I turn the lights on with their app they work properly. If they are switched on, they are shown as "on" even in the Google Home app. If I turn them on or off via the speaker I get a confirmation response but nothing happens. Google Home app doesn't work as well. The overall situation seems to get worse with time as everything seems less and less reliable. I was expecting the Google Home environment to increase its capabilities, instead the functions I was using more often have stopped working...
Thanks for posting here in the Google Nest Community.
This is not the experience that we wanted you to have, let me help you out. A few things: Which Nest speaker? Were there any recent changes made before the issue started? What is the distance between your Nest speaker and WiFi router?
You can reboot your Nest speaker and your WiFi router to refresh both devices and WiFi signal.
Keep me posted.
Hi Juni, thank you for your reply. The speakers are two old Google Home Minis and a Google Home. The full size speaker is the one that switches language more often. There haven't been any changes to the network recently. All speakers are within a very short range from the wifi router, literally two or three meters, but there are a couple of repeaters because of some thick wall. There also are two Chromecasts and a Chromecast audio plus several other devices like switches, lights etc. All devices have been rebooted many times but the problems connected with the execution of basic commands have never been solved. From time to time I try and set a timer or add an item to the shopping list and a couple of times it worked. But just for one item or one alarm. All this since last May. In my previous post I described another problem about some lights controlled via a ZigBee gateway. I removed and added the gateway and lights from the house but nothing changed. The following day the lights started working again and they still are being controlled by Google Home properly. Thank you. Gianfranco
Hi. I didn't even know there was a factory reset button on the devices. Apparently resetting them made the trick and everything is working now. They are faster in responding too. Brilliant!
Thank you very much!!
Awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread in 24 hours unless I can help out with anything else.
Got it! Glad to hear that this has been sorted out and thanks for sharing it to the Community. I'm going to mark this one as resolved and will be closing this thread now. Please feel free to open up a new thread if you have other questions or concerns.