cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarter kettle and coffee not connecting to google home

Charmangel75
Community Member

We have gotten an I-kettle 3rd generation and this works fine with the Smarter account app but when we try to add it to our Google Home account, the kettle just shows as offline and we cannot get this to connect.

We have reset the app so the email address is the same as our Google home and the WiFi has been checked for 2.4ghz and 5ghz turned off.

Can anyone help?

73 REPLIES 73

Bhza
Community Member

If integration doesnt get fixed I'm considering WeeKett https://www.weekett.com/products/weekett-smart-kettle?gclid=Cj0KCQiAy9msBhD0ARIsANbk0A82hcyr8hIzUVeW...

its available in UK not sure about R.O.W. 

robing
Community Member

I don't think this is a Google problem, I think Alexa is effected and also my IFTTT connection has gone down. Their app still works though, so it would seem that either the app has its own API and the public API is broken or they have closed third party access.

Either way the best people to contact is Smarter. I will email them and see if I get a response

98lwatso
Community Member

reply from Smarter 

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We are aware of the issue with Google. The development team are working to fix it. We'll release an update once we have more information.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please know that our team is working hard to get everything up and running with as little disruption as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Smarter Support

Nice one. I logged a ticket with them just after Xmas day and didn't get a reply. Glad it's getting sorted.

Well that's good to hear 🙂

dazjohnlee
Community Member

nice one. good to know. a similar issue happened about 3 years ago. i think their server got trolleyed so they had to rebuild/migrate etc. at the very least they should be communicating better perhaps on twitter/x

Magikalderbyshi
Community Member

I logged a ticket with them two days ago and they didn't reply and also deleted the ticket

beabaul
Community Member

Its definitely a Smarter problem - I just can't believe they have had service down for a week or more now and its not like they don't know about it. In my employment - if we had services down for a week or more to customers that would be completely unacceptable and catastrophic for the business.

I've had my Smarter Coffee maker for about 4 years now... been happy with it until now, but if this is how Smarter is going to do business on the service level I'm jumping ship and getting an Atomi unit - have read good things there on them... but I'm done with Smarter after this.  

Kamylka13
Community Member

I got the same reply others have mentioned, aware of the problem, working on a fix etc etc. I really hope they fix it, there aren't that many smart kettles around and this one is by far the best looking one, I hate the ones with big bulky bases...

TheSkyer
Community Member

I recently found one made by Aigostar which seems cheap and good.

Aigostar Benjamin Smart Kettle with Temperature Setting 40°C - 100°C, WiFi Control Compatible with Alexa, 1.7 L Stainless Steel Double Wall Cool Touch, Quiet & Wireless, Keep Warm Function, Black https://amzn.eu/d/bKi9dFL

That looks awesome actually, thanks for sharing! 

You are moest welcome 🙂

dazjohnlee
Community Member

does anyone have any recommendations or know any homeassistant compatible smart kettles?

I hear some people talking about this kettle to. Smart Wi-Fi Kettle by WeeKett

The reason for me to look at the Aigostar Benjamin Smart Kettle (https://amzn.eu/d/bKi9dFL) is simply the price. Also, I think it looks a bit nicer. 

Last but not least I've also considered buying a cheap adjustable kettle and just putting a switchbox on the on/off button. But with the price of the Aigostar that idea isn't as viable anymore since there will be little to not cost saving over a native device. 

Whatever you do, do not buy a "Xiaomi Mi Smart Kettle". It does come with an app that allows temperature control. But you can't activate the kettle in the app, or via voice control. Utterly useless....

Rindin
Community Member

It’s working again for me. I was able to add it again to Google Home this morning successfully. 

Nice one. Mine is now working as well.

Mungrul
Community Member

Thanks for the heads-up, it's working for me too now.

DoddsBrian
Community Member

Mine works as well. Happy Days.

TheSkyer
Community Member

Yup. Mines working again to. All is well again 🙂

Bhavesh92p
Community Member

Mines working too

K1NGHENNI
Community Member

Back on with Alexa.  

until the next time

Kamylka13
Community Member

Back on Google Home!!! 

TheSkyer
Community Member

Weird how I got the following reply from Smarter AFTER the issue has apparently been solved for everyone here.

-------------

Lionel (Smarter )

Jan 9, 2024, 16:13 GMT

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We are aware of the issue with Google. The development team are working to fix it. We'll release an update once we have more information.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please know that our team is working hard to get everything up and running with as little disruption as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Smarter Support

Mungrul
Community Member

I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% fixed yet. While the kettle now boils as part of my "Good Morning" automation, when I asked Google to boil the kettle last night, it said that it wasn't available. Asking it to boil the kettle again resulted in the kettle boiling.

I was very rude to my Google Assistant last night, as presence sensing wasn't working properly and it was determined that power control isn't supported by my TV, despite it working fine for weeks previously.

6pMD
Community Member

I don't think it's fully solved.

It's correct that you can relink your iKettel back with Google Home app, however

It shows "offline" in the app, untill you manually go to Google Home app and open Kettle - than it magically goes online.

Routines does not work.. as it states that kettle can not be reach/is on different network.

Sarahfiler
Community Member

Agree that it's not fully fixed yet!! Keeps unlinking, or going offline!!

Zippora
Community Member

Hello, anyone has problems again ? Since a few days it stopped working once again ! The problem was fixed before but since a few days the same problems again ...Shows offline in google home and cannot link after unlinking to google home with e-mail and pasword of smarter account

6pMD
Community Member

There is some problem again but at least there is work around for mine. I just have to ask Google Assistant 2 times.... First it can not find it.. second it works correctly 😉

Mungrul
Community Member

Yeah, it's a bit spotty. My "Good Morning" automation said that the kettle wasn't available this morning.

Kamylka13
Community Member

Yup, I'm having issues again too. Came to a cold kettle this morning 😞

deboltem
Community Member

Like others, I am having this same issue again.

Mungrul
Community Member

I was prepared to write-off the kettle not working yesterday as a blip, but it happened again this morning.

K1NGHENNI
Community Member

Seems to be functioning on Alexa very well at the moment.    I guess most people are not using Alexa though

Mungrul
Community Member

Just to report the good along with the bad, my kettle boiled as part of my "Good Morning" automation this morning.