cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarter kettle and coffee not connecting to google home

Charmangel75
Community Member

We have gotten an I-kettle 3rd generation and this works fine with the Smarter account app but when we try to add it to our Google Home account, the kettle just shows as offline and we cannot get this to connect.

We have reset the app so the email address is the same as our Google home and the WiFi has been checked for 2.4ghz and 5ghz turned off.

Can anyone help?

73 REPLIES 73

DoddsBrian
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

Stevejt
Community Member

Me too. Looks like they may have withdrawn support....

Sarahfiler
Community Member

Me too!!!

kewilpee
Community Member

ditto shows connected when linking and signing into the smarter account but then does not show up in the list of linked services, this only stopped working less than a week ago

Zippora
Community Member

I have the same issue ! 

beabaul
Community Member

Yeeeap. Same here

Noswalt
Community Member

Same issue here too, set my Smarter account up using Google but then unlinked and tried again. Just sits on the 'successfully linked' page and doesnt auto close back to the Home app to finish linking

Exact same behavior here. Unlinked in hopes of re-adding and now I'm stuck on the "Thank you for linking your Smarter account with Google..."

ShayneB
Community Member

Same issue here

Bhza
Community Member

Same issue here also 

dazjohnlee
Community Member

same issue

tornadokido
Community Member

Personally have the same problem using a Google account getting "successfully linked" with no link or devices after closing (only option is to close the message), hoping they fix this soon don't have any other use for the kettle.

Kamylka13
Community Member

I've got the same issue, browser opens on smarter login website, I log in, get the "successful" message and nothing happens. It worked flawlessly for 3 years until a few days ago. I used the kettle as part of some of my Google home routines so that's a bummer. 

beabaul
Community Member

I noticed today that my IFTT apps that are associated with my Smarter account also disconnected and won't reconnect to Smarter... mostly the same process as linking to google. Same account works for logging into their app and website so yeah, it kind of seems like Smarter has just abandoned it all given how long this is going on now....  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dazjohnlee
Community Member

I did raise a support call with them by email. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this? I got a message back saying they aim to get back within 48 hours and they are very busy. I guess the thing is we are around Xmas / new year when people are on holiday and it isn't a massive company with loads of employees. I think patience is the key and it'll be fixed in the new year....

I did the same today, got the same reply (please give us 48 hours). Did they get back to you since Saturday?

Hi "TheSkyer" - Nope! the same thing happened about 3 years ago. Server trolleyed etc rebuild / migrate data etc. I don't know the technicalities of the problem but you would have thought they would have backups / snapshots of vmware etc so most problems would be fixable within an hour. Even routing problems would take a max of 24 hours to propagate around the www.....   I guess everyone came back to work on weds so they've had 2 and a half days. They will fix it and any day now but how quickly only they know. I like my ikettle but there isn't integration with homeassistant (im currently using a button triggering a google home voice command) - once a decent smart kettle comes out with HA integration then i will switch as HA is the way to go.

The Aigostar I linked might be interesting. My Aigostar airco works with HA, so I would expect this to work to. 

6pMD
Community Member

I have the same issue. Kettle worked great with Google Home for last 3 years. Came back from holidays yesterday and it shows offline.

Tried unlinking and relinking device and nothing happens. Linking process is frozen on "successfully linked" website, but kettle does not show up in Google Home app.

Dirkjan
Community Member

Same issue here. Having issues with my coffee maker appearing offline as well for more than a year now. Cant get it to show active in google home app. Works perfectly in the smarter app but voice commands just dont work.

Kettle been showing offline for over a week now.

These products never fully functioned properly for me. 

Did you log a support ticket in the Smarter App? I did for the above issue last week, so waiting for a reply.

Yeah, I reported it on Google and on smart kettle. No response from either.

The kettle kept deleting from it's own app. Only had it 3 days so it has gone back. Bought a normal kettle.

Hope you get yours fixed 

Stevejt
Community Member

I had reply a couple of days ago. They are aware if the issue and working on a fix. No timescale. Could be ages yet still they're advertising the product as compatible with Google.....

Greeno
Community Member

Ours was struggling to connect through Home. Reset everything and unlinked to smarter kettle and indeed like everyone else, I cannot link the accounts anymore. 

ADC1
Community Member

Same problem as above - hope it gets fixed soon!

98lwatso
Community Member

Another one here with this issue. I’ve also logged a ticket but good to know they’ve replied to some people and are aware of it. 

Bhavesh92p
Community Member

Same issue here too, set my Smarter account up using Google but then unlinked and tried again. Just sits on the 'successfully linked' page and doesnt auto close back to the Home app to finish linking.

Mungrul
Community Member

Just to report that I'm having the same issue here as well. In a way, I'm glad to see it's not just me, as that puts the onus on Smarter and possibly Google (although I suspect that it's Smarter who are ultimately at fault here).

Magikalderbyshi
Community Member

I've tried for 4 days hours on end.... It says it's linked with Google home but doesn't show up in the home app with no voice activation. No matter how many successful times I sign in it doesn't show up in linked devices in the home app or in the home app whatsoever so frustrating and nobody's got an answer

I logged a ticket with them through the smarter app and they deleted the ticket 

Buddle
Community Member

I'm in the same boat, kettle stopped working in the Google home app showing as offline with an exclamation point in a triangle against the device. But still works through the smarter app. Disconnected the service and view can't reconnect. Annoying because we used the voice activation about 95% of the time. I raised a story ticket with smarter but haven't got a response yet. 

K1NGHENNI
Community Member

Dead on Alexa also.  I miss bossing my kettle around

Mungrul
Community Member

And surprise, surprise, Smarter ar gearing up to sell a new Kettle. Gee, I wonder why the old one has suddenly stopped working?

That's no reason to stop the old product from linking to all the home assistants. If they're pulling it completely I'll be getting a refund from Amazon.

Did you get it to work with Home assistant? How?

kewilpee
Community Member

Ha ha jokes on them. I got 5 yrs out of my kettle. But I am exploring new ones with better connection/ more intuitive.

Any recommendations?

Thinking about the Govee. I already have a couple of smart heaters from them and two WiFi temperature monitors. No issues

kewilpee
Community Member

Anyone researching other brands to jump ship to?